- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 25g/2oz medium strength curry powder
- 50g turmeric powder
- 800g/1lb 12 oz beef cubes
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 2 tbsp ginger
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 160ml coconut milk
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 3 cinnamon leaves, cut into pieces
- Some curry leaves
- In a large saucepan, boil the beef cubes until they are tender. Drain the water and set the meat aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a sauce pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the curry powder and turmeric powder and stir-fry for a further minute. Add a little water to the pan to prevent the mixture from burning
- Add the beef to the pan and stir well to coat it in the sauce.
- Add the coconut milk , cinnamon and curry leaves and bring the mixture to the boil, then reduce the heat until the mixture is simmering and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the beef is cooked through and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add the chopped chilli, season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve with rice.
Courtesy : Ms Catherine Michel