- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 50g/2oz hot curry powder
- 50g turmeric powder
- 800g/1lb 12 oz chicken legs or breasts
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 200g/7oz canned tomatoes
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 2 tbsp ginger
- juice of 1 lime, only
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the vegetable oil in a sauce pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, or until just softened. Add the curry powder and turmeric powder and stir-fry for a further minute. Add a little water to the pan to prevent the mixture from burning
- Add the chicken to the pan and stir well to coat it in the sauce.
- Add the tomatoes and soy sauce, stir well add a little more water and bring the mixture to the boil, then reduce the heat until the mixture is simmering and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Stir in the lime juice and season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve with rice.
Courtesy: Miss Catherine Michel